Thursday, May 8, 2014

Meet our Members -- Victoria from TwigAndPetals

The SPS Team is an international team of artists, artisans and creators working together to promote their finest work!

Every week we are happy and proud to introduce a member of our outstanding team! They come from different backgrounds, countries, cultures and artistic horizons, but they all have one thing in common : they are driven, creative, dynamic, and dedicated to their Etsy business and to their team, SPST!

******************************************


Today we are pleased to introduce Victoria, a fashion and jewelry designer from Singapore. Victoria opened her Etsy shop, called "Twig And Petals", in September 2013.


In Victoria's shop you will find absolutely unique jewelry made of delicate lace and gems, as well as exquisite crocheted items.

Let's meet Victoria and learn about her Etsy journey, her challenges and the role our SPS Team has played for her!





How did your Etsy adventure begin? 

I have been sewing dresses and making accessories for more than 10 years and I decided to showcase it to the world after a friend introduced Etsy to me recently.

I made my first sale last year and I was very grateful for it. It felt like someone appreciated my creation and that is one of the best reward a designer can receive.

Crochet Coaster Set, Cotton Coaster, Black Brown Beaded Doilies, Mother's Day, Housewarming gift


What inspires you for your designs?

Nature. It's amazing how beautiful our earth is. My crochet doily collection is inspired by spider webs and raindrops. The collection name Larmes étoilées is a word play on "tears like stars" and "fabric web"
When I am seeking for fresh inspiration, I like to take a walk in the parks or by the sea to reconnect with our planet.


What does the SPS Team mean to you? How does it help you with your Etsy shop?

It's one of the greatest team I have joined! Everyone is warm and helpful. It feels like a big family gathering in the threads where everyone shares ideas, advice and encouragements. I have learnt many things from the team, especially on selling internationally. I have also benefited from cross-promotions by taking part in games. It's nice to gain exposure while having fun at the same time!

Statement bib necklace, Lace Flower necklace, fashion jewelry, woodland wedding


What is your favorite item in your shop? Why?

At the moment, it is a pair of lace earrings with a navy rhinestone centerpiece and surrounded by pearls and silver sequins. I spent 2 weekends beading just one earring. Sapphire and silver is one of my favorite color scheme. It's classy and luxurious. I made this pair of earrings after watching The Great Gatsby. The flapper era is one of my favorite era.



Are you a buyer on Etsy as well? What do you usually look to buy? 

I have not tried buying on etsy but if I do, I'll probably be shopping for vintage items!



What is the one thing you would like to change most on Etsy to accommodate your business?

Perhaps the option to print labels and use direct checkout like our US friends. It will cut down my ship handling time a lot!


Which is your favorite social media to use and recommend to other sellers for cross-promoting?

I love using Instagram. It brings the world closer and makes everyone so much more personal. I use it for "backstage" pictures such as an in progress shot, pictures of my studio and things that inspire me. You can find me on Instagram at @_twigandpetals.

gold leaf dangle earrings, big gold lace dangling earrings, asymmetrical gold dangle earrings, statement long earrings, bohemian earrings

Thank you Victoria for your insight and your generosity !

Visit Victoria's shop today at www.etsy.com/shop/TwigAndPetals!


******************************************

If you are a member of the SPS Team and wish to be featured on our Team Blog in the series of articles 'Meet our Team Members' do not hesitate to contact our Leader, Natalie!



Read some other amazing stories from our Team Members :

Vintage Shops:

- Ellen from The Chilly Dog



PRESENTED TO YOU BY OUR LEADER: 



 
My name is Natalie. I am a French-Canadian gal, but I live in South Korea. My passion is called "Hanji" : sumptuous Korean paper made of mulberry pulp. Hanji has been used for a thousand years in Korea to create decorative or ceremonial objects. For me, it is essential to offer useful and practical objects, that can enjoyed on a daily basis. Tissue cases, pen holders, jewelry, fridge magnets, hair accessories: let the beauty and unique character of Hanji paper make our everyday life objects irresistible!


  
Delicate Pink Patchwork Hanji Paper Dangle Earrings OOAK Handmade Striped Hypoallergenic hooks Lightweight  Hanji Chest, Jewelry Box with Metal Bee Lock and Intricate Flower Design One of a Kind OOAK
www.etsy.com/shop/HanjiNaty

Follow Natalie's Blog For The Latest Updates To Her Shop:


www.hanjinaty.com


4 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,
    I visit your shop every so often when I need to see something delicate, exquisite, almost perfect. Many of your pieces feed my soul.
    I am very happy to learn more through your interview.
    Wishing you success upon success!
    Diana
    CBNB (Charmed Baubles N Beads)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria! It is great getting to know you. I wish you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I love your shop, much beauty to be found there! Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for featuring my shop, Natalie.

    Many thanks to the lovely commenters above too . You all made my day :)

    have a beautiful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete